- Mrs. Archibald
- Mr. Caputo
- Mme Carmichael-Young
- Mme. deBoer
- Mrs. Domes
- Ms. Edmonds
- Mr. Gallagher
- Mr. Gaudet
- Mr. Harmon
- Mr. Harper
- Mr. Hartman
- Mrs. Hay
- Mrs. Keating
- Mr. Laforge
- Mr. Leclaire
- Mrs. Lothian
- Ms. Mazzuca
- Ms. Mucciarone
- Mrs. McNally
- Mr. Racz
- Mrs. Rypien
- Mr. Saler
- Mrs. Sander
- Ms. Suttie
- Mr. Tailfeathers
- Mr. Van Oene
- Ms. Zappone
This teacher page will be updated as required based upon themes and lessons instructed throughout the year. Student assessments are entered in Powerschool and will be updated as assignments are completed. This will vary depending upon the nature of the work and required timelines.
Please feel free to contact me at my email email@example.com or by calling the school at 403.327.3402. I will be happy to help you. Please know that emails will be responded to as soon as possible.
Emails sent after the completion of the school day will not be opened until the commencement of the next school day.
Novel review due dates for 2017-18. These are hard due dates. No lates accepted!
#2 January 17
#3 April 9
#4 June 8
Dec 1 All pages for verbs should now be complete up to and including p.64
Études sociales 7
Nov 30 ch 4 booklet now in and vocab and concept cle for ch 5 due Monday
Dec 1 Correct your booklet ch 3 you have a quiz on Friday
Dec 5 I am collectiong all your concepts-cles that we have workrd on up to and including ch 5 tomorrow morning
Dec 7 We wil finish working on questions 1-5 tomorrow after the quiz. If you don't have at least 2 done get to it!
Dec 12 Finish the timeline from today #7
Dec 13 Finish question #8
Études sociales 8
Nov 29 Vocab for ch 7 due Monday concepts cles ch 3 due Monday as well
Dec 1 You have a quiz for ch 2 Friday
Dec 11 Finish the first 2 questions of chapter 7 for next class
Dec 13 Complete questions2 and 3
Dec 12 Have your revision of your letter done for next class
Nov 29 Complete your food journals for Monday and the find and complete your 2 fooducation items as well.
Dec 11 Finish your goal setting review sheet, print it and put it into your portfolio
Nov 29 All activites for the novel are due Monday including plotline and character list
Dec 1 Have your rough draft done for lettre officielle for tomorrow and be prepared to review/correct and have the good copy done by the end of class
Dec 11 You have the first period tomorrow to finish your assignment for Le Prix du Silence.
Dec 13 Be prepared with technolgy etc to create your movie
Tips for Parents
How to help your child build/use their French language skills?
1. Screen time negotiation - watch tv in French, movies in French set the device setting to French for iPads and other devices
2. No google translate - have your child use a dictionary and bescherelle
3. Vacation in a French speaking area and have your child be the family translator
4. Have family French nights - play games, learn expressions etc in French with your child as the leader
5. Read together - read a novel that is available in French and English and discuss it together
6. Attend functions in French organized by l'ACFA (Association Canadienne Francaise de l'Alberta) here in town
7. Subscribe to a French magazine such as Okapi, Geo Ado, Curium etc
8. Graphic novels or comic books in French are great for reluctant readers
9. Apps and games - many have French versions available
10. Music - many French-language popular singers are waiting to be discovered by your child in different genres of music