Pre Engineering Video
Our Pre-Engineering program offers a Hands-on experience to students in a wide range of engineering technologies using industrial quality equipment and software that prepares them for success in post-secondary education. Additionally, students will have the opportunity to explore current and exciting career paths in technology and engineering, as well as the Trades. The Pre-Engineering program uses a unique blend of project-based team learning combined with individualized learning format for technical skill development.
- With a partner, students will navigate through a series of modules in the lab.
- Each of these modules is set-up to represent a major sector of the engineering field.
- Curriculum for these modules is presented through a variety of multimedia, text, virtual and hands-on based learning.
- Students have the flexibility to choose their areas of interest.
Module Topics include the following:
- 3-D Modelling / 3-D Printing
- CAD/ CAM
- CNC Machines
- Electrical Circuits
- Residential Wiring
- Pneumatics / Hydraulics
- Manufacturing Processes
- Mechanical Drives
- Structural Design
- Thermal Systems
Team-Based Project Skills:
- Students learn how to work in design teams and solve real world problems through team-based projects and the supporting project-related curriculum.
- Students work with their teams to complete a series of mini design and logic based competitions to prepare them for their Master projects.
- Collaboration of individual skills of their individual skills, allow teams work together to research, design, and fabricate their master projects.
Team-Based Master Projects Include:
- Automated Hydraulic/Pneumatic Can Crusher
- Single Person Hovercraft