Head Caretaker - St. Mary School Taber
School: St. Mary School
This position is open to all qualified internal and external candidates. If chosen as the successful candidate, external applicants must provide a current police information (including vulnerable sectors) check, and a current intervention record check prior to receiving a contract.
We currently are looking to hire a 40.0 hour per week full time Head Caretaker with the initial assignment at St. Mary School in Taber. This position will commence as soon as possible, official start date to be determined. This position is covered by our CUPE 290 collective agreement. Visit our website to view the agreement and job description.
You are a strong advocate for youth and their
success in learning. You demonstrate by interest, lifestyle, and growth
involvement within a Christ-centered working environment. Your participation
within the Catholic faith is considered to be an asset. The successful
applicant will be required to have a pre-placement health assessment completed
by their physician prior to employment.
· High School Diploma;
· 5th Class Power Engineer’s Certificate of Competency or proof of current enrolment in the course;
· WHMIS certification;
· First Aid certification;
· Occupational Health & Safety Training.
· 3 years of experience as a caretaker;
· Experience in low pressure boiler systems;
· Proven management skills are necessary.
TECHNICAL SKILLS (basic knowledge of):
· Hand and power tools;
· Ground maintenance equipment;
· Cleaning equipment (including floor washers, buffers, etc.)
· Plumbing and electrical systems;
· Computer skills.
· Demonstrates ethical and confidential behaviour;
· Demonstrates appropriate and independent use of time;
· Maintains effective working relationships with staff, students and community members;
· Supervisory skills;
· Good communication and interpersonal skills;
· Mechanical aptitude and skills;
· Good problem solving skills;
· Good organizational skills;
· The ability to work with little supervision;
· The ability to respond quickly and appropriately in emergency situations.
Application package must include the following:
· A cover letter indicating the position applied for;
· Holy Spirit Support Staff Application Form located on our website: http://www.holyspirit.ab.ca/page.cfm?pgID=41
· Documentation which would support the education requirements for this position;
· Contact information for 3 references.
For more information regarding this position, please call our Plant Operations Coordinator, Mr. Mike Herauf at (403) 327-9555.
applicants are asked to submit by email a complete application
package as described above by to:
Mr. Chris Smeaton, Superintendent
Holy Spirit Catholic School Division
Please note: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We wish to thank all applicants in advance for submitting résumés, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
By virtue of the submission of an application, the applicant agrees that the principal or designate can contact previous employers for the purpose of conducting confidential reference checks whether or not the application has listed a reference for that employer.
Here in Spirit Newsletter
Here in Spirit Signup