Family First Mental Health Capacity Building Facilitator - St. Michael's School Pincher Creek
School: St. Michael's School (Pincher Creek)
FAMILY FIRST MENTAL HEALTH CAPACITY BUILDING FACILITATOR (FF/MHCB Facilitator)
–St. Michael’s School Pincher Creek
position is open to all qualified internal and external candidates. If chosen
as the successful applicant, external applicants must provide a current police
information (including vulnerable sectors) check, and a current intervention
record check prior to employment.
The Holy Spirit Catholic Board of Education requires a full time continuous 1.0 FF/MHCB Facilitator at St. Michael’s School in Pincher Creek commencing as soon as possible. The position includes a flexible work week with evening and weekend availability necessary for scheduled events.
Reporting to the FFFMHCB Program Manager, the FF/MHCB Facilitator provides addiction and mental health promotion and prevention to children, youth and families.
Delivery of programming involves large and small group work in schools and community settings, and focuses on increasing knowledge, building skills and fostering abilities that enable others to better their own mental health and wellness. This position also works with school staff, parents and community members (who work closely with children and youth) to increase their knowledge, skills and competence related to mental health and illness issues.
Family First/MHCB Facilitators work as part of a team to recognize, understand and adapt to the changing needs of their community related to mental health and wellness. They build and maintain strong relationships with children, youth and families, and act as “go to” mental health subject matter experts for students, staff, parents and community partners. They also help to identify and facilitate access for individuals who need referral to specialized addiction and mental health services.
· At least 2 years working experience in addiction and mental health or health/human services related role preferred (experience as a practicum student considered);
· Knowledge of addiction and mental health is required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS (preferred):
· Skilled in Microsoft Office programs, Google suite and working knowledge of social media;
· Familiar with the developmental, educational, emotional, social and recreational needs of children, youth and families;
· Experience with delivering programming and comfortable with public speaking;
· Strong relationship building skills;
· Effective time management skills.
· Takes initiative and is able to work independently as well as in teams;
· Skill and knowledge of facilitation, positive communication and creative thinking;
· Solid comprehension and practice of personal and professional boundaries;
· Ability to develop supportive relationships with young people;
· Able to advocate for and enable others;
· Creative problem-solving and decision-making skills;
· Comfortable liaising with community members, school staff, community agencies and health care providers;
· Community collaboration/networking skills;
· Has an understanding of the community’s economic, cultural and political environment;
· Knowledge of the local community and resources available;
· Capable of maintaining program statistics for purposes of evaluation and assisting in evaluating the effectiveness of programs;
· Resilience and a commitment to personal development;
For more information regarding this position, please call the Director of Support Services, Mrs. Michelle Mackinnon at (403) 327-9555.
Application package must include the following:
· A cover letter indicating the position applied for;
· Holy Spirit Support Staff Application Form located on our website: http://www.holyspirit.ab.ca/page.cfm?pgID=41
· Documentation which would support the education requirements for this position;
· Contact information for 3
This position will remain open until suitable
candidates are found. Interested, qualified applicants are asked to
submit by email a complete application package as described above to:
Mr. Ken Sampson, Deputy Superintendent
Holy Spirit Catholic School Division
Please note: This position will remain open until a
suitable candidate is found. We wish to thank all applicants in advance for
submitting résumés, however only those candidates selected for interviews will
By virtue of the submission of an application, the applicant agrees that the principal or designate can contact previous employers for the purpose of conducting confidential reference checks whether or not the application has listed a reference for that employer.
Here in Spirit Newsletter
Here in Spirit Signup