Successful candidates must provide a current police information (including vulnerable sectors) check, and a current intervention record check prior to employment.
The Holy Spirit Catholic Board of Education has openings for Relief Caretakers at our Division schools: City of Lethbridge, Taber, Bow Island, Coaldale, Picture Butte and Pincher Creek. This position is covered by our CUPE 290 collective agreement. Visit our website for further details.
The caretaker is responsible for providing and maintaining a safe and clean environment for the school and the community. The caretaker must be physically able to complete all tasks required in the general maintenance of the school building and equipment.
Qualifications and experience for this position include:
· High School Diploma
· WHIMIS certification
· First Aid certification
· Experience as a custodian or in a related field or area
Basic knowledge of:
· Hand and power tools
· Ground maintenance equip.
· Cleaning equipment (including
· Floor washers, buffers, etc.)
· Plumbing and electrical systems
· Computer skills
· Demonstrates ethical and confidential behaviour,
· Demonstrates appropriate and independent use of time,
· Maintains effective working relationships with staff, students and community members.
Application package must include the following:
· A cover letter indicating the position applied for;
· A Holy Spirit Casual Support Staff Application Form located on our website: http://www.holyspirit.ab.ca/page.cfm?pgID=41
· Documentation which would support the education requirements for this position;
· Contact information for 3 references
Interested, qualified applicants are asked to submit by email a complete application package as described above to:
Mr. Ken Sampson, Deputy Superintendent
Holy Spirit Catholic School Division
We wish to thank all applicants in advance for submitting résumés, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Here in Spirit Newsletter
Here in Spirit Signup