One School: Two Buildings : Endless Opportunities
CCHS is known for its innovative approach to education. We are the only high school in Southern Alberta to offer a quarter system time-table. In 2010, we became the only school in North America to offer both a quarter system time-table and a dual campus opportunity.
The Vision: CCH Campus West and CCH Campus East function as a single school in two sites, offering a complete and enhanced high school program encompassing core programs, sports academies, fine-arts, CTS including pre-engineering, Advanced Placement, construction and computer technology and religious studies.
The CCHS Advantage: The one school, two buildings approach offers the following opportunities for students:
- A “small school” atmosphere where every student is known and supported as a unique individual.
- “Big school” programs with access to a wide variety of curricular and co-curricular activities
- Access to two gymnasiums – the Campus West gymnasium is one of the largest physical education facilities in Southern Alberta. Both campuses have a fitness center, and Campus East also houses a sports’ medicine instructional and student athletic-training lab.
- Enhanced learning activities in facilities for fine-arts (The Eggplant) with technical equipment that allows students to experience theatre beyond a typical high school level, as well as specialized rooms for music and art. (Campus East)
- High-tech CTS lab facility with a pre-engineering focus. (Campus West)
- Two on-site (at each campus) chapels.
- Programming for all students’ needs ranging from Knowledge and Employability Certificates, Registered Apprenticeship Programs, French Immersion, Advanced Placement courses, Sports Academies, Distance Education Program (Trinity Learning Center) and Off-Campus Education (Work Experience and Green Certificate).
- Flexibility – students may choose to take courses in either site.