- Mrs. Archibald
- Mr. Caputo
- Mme Carmichael-Young
- Mme. deBoer
- Mrs. Domes
- Ms. Edmonds
- Mr. Gallagher
- Mr. Gaudet
- Mr. Harmon
- Mr. Harper
- Mr. Hartman
- Mrs. Hay
- Mrs. Keating
- Mr. Laforge
- Mr. Leclaire
- Mrs. Lothian
- Ms. Mazzuca
- Ms. Mucciarone
- Mrs. McNally
- Mr. Racz
- Mrs. Rypien
- Mr. Saler
- Mrs. Sander
- Ms. Suttie
- Mr. Tailfeathers
- Mr. Van Oene
- Ms. Zappone
This teacher page will be updated as required based upon themes and lessons instructed throughout the year. Student assessments are entered in Powerschool and will be updated as assignments are completed. This will vary depending upon the nature of the work and required timelines.
Please feel free to contact me at my email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the school at 403.327.3402. I will be happy to help you. Please know that emails will be responded to as soon as possible.
Emails sent after the completion of the school day will not be opened until the commencement of the next school day.
Tracking sheets for year end awards is June 7. It is your responsibility to hand these in if you want to be considered for awards (not your teachers).
Novel review due date for 2017-18. This is a hard due date. No lates accepted!
#4 June 8
May 7 Culminating activities for Harry Potter due Thursday
May 14 Your Harry Potter novel should now be returned to the library and all your activities should be submitted
Études sociales 7
May 2 you should have ch 13 done by Friday
May 7 We started the questions 1,2,3 for chapter 14
May 8 questions 3,4 ch 14 should now be done
May 14 Your questions booklet for ch 14 should now be done and submitted
May 23 Continue working on your review for Canada - a visual review of the important dates people events etc that have had an impact on our natio since 1867
Études sociales 8
May 2 Your ch 6 vocab should be now handed in and working on concepts cles for ch 6
May 7 Work on questions 1,2,3 for ch 6
May 14 Your concept cle comaparing the Edo and Maiji periods should be done since you had 2 periods in a group to work on it
May 23 we went through pages 203-207 and discussed the Japanese military and worked on questions 6 and 7.Also, discussed how some social changes occurred because of the political/ military interdependance
May 3 all activities for ch 15-18 as well as the character list and plotline have been handed in.
May 14 All Amos Daragon books should now be returned to the library
May 24 Bring your green bescherelle to class next week. WE are conjugating le conditionnel present
Apr 26 Tracking sheets are due to the office by June 7 so portfolios are due May 23 at the latest!
May 23 Portfolios are now due!
May 3 you also have the period Monday to work on your 4 culminating activities.
May 7 Activities are due tomorrow and we review for exam which is on Thursday.
May 8 Finish your two poems and bring in your favorite piece of poetry ( school appropriate) for next Monday
Tips for Parents
How to help your child build/use their French language skills?
1. Screen time negotiation - watch tv in French, movies in French set the device setting to French for iPads and other devices
2. No google translate - have your child use a dictionary and bescherelle
3. Vacation in a French speaking area and have your child be the family translator
4. Have family French nights - play games, learn expressions etc in French with your child as the leader
5. Read together - read a novel that is available in French and English and discuss it together
6. Attend functions in French organized by l'ACFA (Association Canadienne Francaise de l'Alberta) here in town
7. Subscribe to a French magazine such as Okapi, Geo Ado, Curium etc
8. Graphic novels or comic books in French are great for reluctant readers
9. Apps and games - many have French versions available
10. Music - many French-language popular singers are waiting to be discovered by your child in different genres of music