- Exam Schedule
- School Profile
- Contact Us
- Chromebook - One to One Initiative
- 2018-2019 School Year Calendar
- Bell Times
- Daily Announcements
- Monthly Newsletters
- School Fees 2018-2019
- Supply Lists Sept 2018
- Transportation Information
- Teacher Office Hours
- Wildwear Clothing
- Student Handbook
- Nutritional Policy
- H.I.N.T. Policy
- School Council
- Specialized Learning Programs
"Bringing To Light The Best We Can Become"
We are a Catholic Faith community dedicated to educating and fostering the growth of responsible citizens who are life long learners encouraged to live and celebrate our faith.
St. Francis Junior High School is a Christ-centered learning community where all achieve their potential.
- High quality learning opportunities that are responsive, flexible, and accessible and affordable to all.
- Excellence in learner achievement, focusing on the whole child (spiritual, academic, social, emotional, and physical).
- Highly responsive and responsible jurisdiction.
District Goals and St. Francis Junior High Goals
- To celebrate the values and traditions of our Catholic faith through faith development of staff members and by provideing a high quality religious education program for our students.
- Provide high quality learning opportunities for our students
- Excellence in student outcomes
- The School division and St. Francis School are highly responsive and responsible to the Catholic Community
- Aboriginal students achieve the same levels of success at schools as non-Aboriginal students in an environment where cultures and values are respected and reinforced.
Our Wonderful Community
The approximately 500 students in grades 7-9 at St. Francis come from all over the city of Lethbridge, its neighbouring towns, and First Nations reserves. We are a diverse crowd! We also have a number of new Canadians learning English in our classes. Lethbridge is a very close-knit community, and many of our students' parents went to St. Francis, too.
Lethbridge is a beautiful community with approximately 80 000 residents. We are blessed with both a college (Lethbridge College) and a university (University of Lethbridge). Amid chinook-enhanced winter weather and balmy summers, we enjoy tons of recreation opportunities courtesy of parks, golf courses, nearby mountains and plenty of hiking trails. It's awesome here, and quick trips to the US are only 1 hour away.