· Drummer Boy by Robert Cutting. Drummer Boy is one of the Turtle Island Voices books with First Nation characters. The theme of this book is respect, with questions at the end to facilitate discussion about the meaning of respect. The story is a contemporary one and is written for a grade 3 level.
· Buffalo Learns Respect by David Bouchard is another Turtle Island Voices book. This story tells a traditional tale about respect and also includes discussion questions. It is written for a grade 2 level.
· Respect by Lucia Raatma is a Character Education non-fiction book which explores what “respect” means.
· Emily’s Everyday Manners: Manners are fun! By Peggy Post & Cindy Post Senning is a picture book about two characters, Emily and Ethan, learning about manners and respect.
· Franklin is Bossy by Paulette Bourgeois and Brenda Clark. Franklin the turtle finds out what happens when he tries bossing all his friends. The word “respect” is not there, but the story does fit the theme.
· Dragonfly’s Tale by Kristina Rodanas is an ancient Zuni story that has been around for centuries. This picture book tells a story of the need to respect the gifts we have been given, and is especially appropriate at this time of Thanksgiving.
· The Sea Wolf is a Raven Tale story, one of our graphic novels with an FNMI theme, this one from the Haida of northwest Canada. This story explores the need to respect the different talents people have.
· The Rough Face Girl is another Raven Tales graphic novel , this time from the Seneca of eastern Canada, which explores the need to respect the person beneath the surface, both in ourselves and in others.
· Gone Fishing is another Raven Tale story from the northwest coast of Canada. The story explores the need to respect and help one another.
· The Games is also a Raven Tale. This story comes from First Nations people of northwestern Canada where children learn to respect each other through games.
· Mwakwa Talks to the Loon by Dale Auger is a picture book. The story comes from the Cree people, and explores the need to respect the gifts we have been given.
The Talking Eggs by Robert D. San Souci. 398.2 San
Arthur's Teacher Trouble by Marc Brown. Fic Bro
Kenny and the Little Kickers. by Claudio Marzollo. REA FIC MAR
Miss Nelson is Back by Harry Allard. FIC ALL
The Berenstain Bears and the Week at Grandmas by Stan Berenstain. FIC BER
Arthur's Eyes by Marc Brown. FIC BRO
Stella Luna by Janell Canon. Fic CAN
The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle. FIC CAR
Four Famished Foxes and Fosdyke by Pamela Duncan Edwards. FIC EDW
Crysanthemum by Kevin Henke. FIC HEN
Lily's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes. FIC HEN.
A Weekend with Wendall by Kevin Henkes. FIC HEN
If Only I had a Green Nose by Max Lucado. FIC LUC
Just the Way You are by Max Lucado. FIC LUC
I'm Sorry by Mercer Mayer. FIC MAY
Yes I Can! by Sam McBratney. FIC MCB
A Promise is a Promise by Robert Munsch. FIC MUN
Chicken Sunday by Patricia Polacco. FIC POL
A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon. FIC SHA
The Little Wood Duck by Brian Wildsmith. FIC WIL